GDPR POLICY STATEMENT
• Your rights in relation to your personal data under relevant data protection laws
• Where we make automatic decisions about you and how these may impact you
• Our policies for retaining personal data
• How we use your data to inform you about our products and services
We recommend you read the Privacy Notice in full as it provides more detail on how we manage data protection and your privacy.
Finally, we take seriously the importance of keeping your personal data safe and secure and are committed to ensuring your personal data is kept safe and secure at all times.
This Privacy Notice will help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information. If you have any queries about this Privacy Notice or how we process your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Officer
• by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• by post: Alison Killen, Park Gate & Company Ltd, Kingstown Industrial Estate, 87 Kingstown Broadway, Carlisle CA3 0HA
The organisation responsible for the processing of your personal information is Park Gate & Company Ltd, Kingstown Industrial Estate, 87 Kingstown Broadway, Carlisle CA3 0HA. This means that we are a ‘data controller’ under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation which is effective from 25th May 2018. Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is ZZ394436
Links to third party sites via website
These other sites will have separate privacy and data collection practices and we do not have responsibility or liability for these independent policies, nor for the content security or privacy practices of those sites
What information we collect about you
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties includes:
• Name, address and address history, date of birth and gender
• Contact details, including telephone numbers and email address
• Financial information, including credit/debit card details (please note that we do not retain complete payment card information)
• Identifiers assigned to your computer or other devices including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
How we collect information about you
Most of the personal information we hold about you is that which we collect directly from you. For example:
• Each time you ask us for a quote for our products and/or services
• Each time you purchase our products and/or services
• When you register to receive information from us
• Each time you interact with us or respond to communications
• When you make enquiries or raise concerns with our Customer Service Team
In order to understand more about you, improve our marketing interaction, and to ensure that we provide you with the best possible and appropriate service we may also supplement and combine your personal information that we collect from you with other categories of data obtained from other sources such as:
• Electoral Registration data that confirms your identity and address (which is publicly accessible)
• Social media and the internet
• Credit rating agencies
What we use your information for and the legal basis for processing
We may store and use your personal information for the purposes of:
• Administering and processing your order for our products and/or services (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or is necessary for our legitimate interests)
• Using your payment details to process payments relating to your order for our products and/or services (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or is necessary for our legitimate interests)
• Communicating with you, including responding to your enquiries (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or is necessary for our legitimate interests)
• Sending you information about relevant new products or services (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or is necessary for our legitimate interests)
• Administering debt recovery, where you owe us money under a contract or otherwise (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us and/or is necessary for our legitimate interests)
• Fulfilling our obligations to a relevant regulator, tax authority, or revenue service (as is necessary for the compliance of our legal obligation and/or is necessary for our legitimate interests).
PLEASE NOTE THAT our ‘legitimate interests’ as mentioned above include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in an efficient and sustainable manner in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Using your personal data for marketing
We consider that it is within our legitimate interests to send you information about our products and services for marketing purposes.
We may send you marketing information about similar products and services by post, telephone, email, SMS and through digital channels (which include social media and similar such digital marketing channels).
You can object to receiving marketing from us at any time by
• Emailing us at: email@example.com
• By writing to us at Park Gate & Company Ltd, Kingstown Industrial Estate, 87 Kingstown Broadway, Carlisle CA3 0HA
• Following the UNSUBSCRIBE link in our marketing emails or SMS
Automated decisions and profiling
We use the personal data you provide to us to enable us to evaluate and predict your requirements when asking for a quote for our products and/or services or when placing an order with us for our products and/or services.
We consider that this activity may be essential to allow us to offer you a correct quote or order and we further consider that this may be necessary when entering into, or the performance of, our contract with you.
However, you have the right to contact us to express your point of view and if you wish to exercise that right please write to us at Park Gate & Company Ltd, Kingstown Industrial Estate, 87 Kingstown Broadway, Carlisle CA3 0HA
Who we share your data with
We may also share your information with the following categories or third parties:
• Third party data suppliers as explained under ‘How we collect information about you’ (as is necessary for our legitimate interests)
• Third party service providers who support the operation of our business such as IT, Marketing Suppliers, Financial Service Providers, and Debt Collection Agencies (as is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us)
• Regulators and law enforcement agencies including the police, HM Revenue and Customs, or any other relevant authority who may have jurisdiction (as is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations)
How long is your information kept
We will retain your personal information as necessary to allow us to carry out our business. Your information will be kept for up to 7 years on our main systems. After this time, it will be archived or deleted. Archived information may be retained for up to 20 years
Any retention of personal data will be done in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and with industry standards. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice, because of changes to associated law or regulations.
If you have any questions in relation to the retention of your personal data please write to us at Park Gate & Company Ltd, Kingstown Industrial Estate, 87 Kingstown Broadway, Carlisle CA3 0HA
The Data Protection Act 1988 gives you the following rights:
• To obtain access to, and copies of, the personal information we hold about you;
• To require that we stop processing your personal information if the processing is causing you damage or distress; and
• To require us not to send you marketing communications
Under the GDPR (effective from 25th May 2018) you will also have the following rights:
• To require us to erase your personal information;
• To require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities;
• To receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller; and
• To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect.
PLEASE NOTE that these rights may be limited by data protection legislation, and we may be able to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk