Park Gate & Co. Ltd was formed on 23 October 1946 by George Park, Ernie Gate and Jack Burrows, commencing trading in Fisher Street, Carlisle, Cumbria.
Jack Burrows left in 1950 and shortly afterwards the company moved to West Tower Street, where they carried out electric motor rewind work together with small electrical installations and became sales agents for Crompton Parkinson Motors (now Brook Crompton). Sadly in 1959 Ernie Gate died suddenly.
1972 saw the firm move from its West Tower Street premises to a larger location in Lancaster Street. In 1981, as the company continued to grow successfully, it became the area distributor for Telemecanique Control Equipment. In late 1999 Park Gate were again on the move. Now located on Kingstown Industrial Estate the larger more modern premises are able to offer a wider range of services to the public and a better working environment for the company's ever increasing labour force.
In 2009 a first floor office extension was added to provide additional space for Contracting, Sales and Accounts functions
Now into its 7th decade, Park Gate are one of the largest electrical companies in Cumbria employing more than 80 people and providing complete services in motor rewinds, control systems, industrial and commercial installations and sale of a large range of electric motors and control gear.